Date & Time
3:00pm to 5:30pm
Classroom No 2,
Near Gajendra Circle,
IIT Madras, Guindy,
Location map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
- 3:00 - 3:15: Introduction
- 3:15 - 3:45: Python in Test Automation: Automating Routers with Python
- 3:45 - 4:05: Creating Command Line Interface using Docopt
- 4:05 - 4:20: Networking over Tea, sponsored by Clay Labs
- 4:20 - 4:45: Building Embedded Systems with Twisted
- 4:45 - 5:15: Lightning Talks
Python in Test Automation: Automating Routers with Python
Speaker: Krishnan Shankar
The talk will cover the following topics:
- How Python is the best language for Test Automation.
- What are the areas Python is used for Test Automation.
- Tools and modules involved in Test Automation.
- Example: Automation of Routers and how was it accomplished.
Creating Command Line Interface using Docopt
Docopt is a pythonic command line arguments parser. With Docopt, the usage documentation is written first, and passed on to Docopt, which uses this to create the parser! This talk will be a short talk on using Docopt.
Building Embedded Systems with Twisted
Speaker: Vijay Kumar
Twisted is an asynchronous networking engine written in Python. This talk will show how we, at Zilogic Systems, built an automated library management system, using Twisted and an ARM board running Emdebian Grip. The system uses an RFID reader for user authentication, reed switches to monitor the shelves and a buzzer to raise alerts.
If you would like to give a lightning talk, just come prepared, we will be able to accommodate you.
This time around we are planning to serve tea and snacks during the meet. So do us a favour, and RSVP on our Meetup page That way, we know how many people are coming and can arrange things accordingly.
New to Python?
If you are new to Python, the tutorial at http://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/python/ will give you a quick overview of what Python is all about.Go Top